Title: Cold Conditions
Fandom: Avengers Academy
Characters/pairings: Nebula, Doctor Voodoo
Warnings: Illness, disappearance of artificial limb, references to non-consensual medical experimentation
Wordcount: 1,560 words
Prompts: ‘stranded / survival scenario,’ ‘pneumonia,’ ‘experiments by evil scientists,’ and ‘major illness or injury.’Summary: Nebula woke up in the middle of a forest without her hand. Someone is going to pay dearly for this.
Mods: Could I get a fandom tag for Avengers Academy? :D <3
H/C: Skeletons in the Closet
Title: A Foreign Country
Word Count: 1603
Warnings: Vague mentions of past abuse
Summary: Father. Everything came down to Father – as it always had. It seemed that the man still had the power to ruin Pythagoras’ life even though he had been dead for so many years.
Summary: Katz enjoys the presence of his babies. They'd never reject him, like everyone else does.
Don't forget that amnesty period is still going on, and you can (and should) post everything you've made for hc_bingo but haven't posted yet during it.
And so we're moving on the last spring challenge of Round 7 - May challenge!
If you comment on this post, you get a set of four randomly chosen prompts. You then complete and submit one fill written for a rare/small fandom. You can choose one prompt or combine two, three or all four out of your stamp.
- For the purpose of this challenge rare/small fandom means a fandom with roughly less than 400 fics, as determined by checking AO3, FF.net, the main livejournal comms for the fandom and quick googling. The criteria is, obviously, approximate; our purpose is to encourage players to turn to less written-in fandoms rather than to be really specific about defining the size of the fandom. To avoid confusion it's obligatory to run your fandom by the mods for the final say on whether it's eligible or not, before submitting. Please PM or e-mail us beforehand.
- Installments in series (of books, movies, games and so on) count as separate fandoms if they have completely different characters.
- Different media versions of the same canon (i.e., book! and movie!verses and so on) count as the same fandom if they have the same set of characters.
- Crossovers between two or more eligible fandoms are allowed; crossover between eligible and inelegible fandoms are not.
- The deadline for posting your completed fill is June 5th. As long as your submission is in the posting queue while it's June 5th anywhere in the world, you've finished on time. There are no penalties for defaulting: if you didn't finish your fill on time, it can still be posted during the amnesty period, but it won't bring you points.
- The prize for finishing and submitting your story in time is a banner and an achievement in the next round. You can sign up to play even if you didn't participate in Round 7 and/or don't plan to participate in Round 8.
- If you're uncomfortable with writing about sexual trauma and/or abuse based situations, please note that when you sign up so we can give you a prompts set avoiding these areas altogether. Additionally, you can look at the list of prompts before signing up and veto from one to three prompts that would be triggery/uncomfortable for you to write about. If you need more than three prompts vetoed, please contact the hc_bingo_mod by PM or e-mail and we will do our best to work with you.
- The warning policy is the same: even if it is in the prompt, you are still required to warn for rape/non-con, dub-con, incest, character death/suicide, graphic self-harm, any type of sexual trauma, any type of child/domestic abuse and other triggering themes or images. The other warnings are left to your discretion, though we encourage you to warn as fully as possible. When in doubt, please err on the side of caution. If you don't want to warn for something to avoid spoiling the readers, please use greyed-out warnings.
Please also check the rules and FAQ for general rules and requirements.
Please title your post "May Challenge: [Title of your submission]" and use the following template:
We hope you all enjoy this challenge! If you need any clarifications, please e-mail or PM us, or leave a comment to this post with marked with "Question".
Fandoms: Merlin, Humans
H/C: Forced body modification, Medication
Summary:“I’m not Leo Elster,” Merlin snarled. “I don’t even know who he is.”
The synth, or whatever they had all become now, just shook his head sadly. “You don’t remember.”
Merlin remembered. Merlin remembered more than he ever wanted to.
Fandoms: Stand Still Stay Silent, Voltron: Legendary Defender, The Silmarillion (and a cameo from Year in Hereafter)
Title: Under Kind Hands
Warnings: Brief mention of suicidal ideation.
Summary: “What are you afraid of?” “A cage.”
Title: Ghost of my Past
Warnings: Implied Mpreg, characters returning from the dead
Summary: It's been nine years Earth time since Jack lost Ianto and his grandson and he has returned to start rebuilding Torchwood. What he didn't expect was to meet a ghost from his past.
Only this Ianto Jones is anything but a ghost.
Fandoms: Atlantis / Death in Paradise
Title: The Price We Pay
Word Count: 5201
Warnings: None that I can think of
Summary: It's the little things that trip him up even after all this time; the little things that remind him of his lost boy – and just like that he'll be reminded that Jason is gone and the grief will hit him all over again like a freight train.
[Note: I can't find a tag for my second fandom (Death in Paradise) so I've only tagged the story as Atlantis at the moment]
Fandoms: MCU/Star Wars
Title: A Long Way From Brooklyn
Summary: “Stars,” Poe says, tilting his head to try to make eye contact with his companion. “What planet are you from?”
Oh, God. Don’t let it be an alien thing. “What planet are you from?”
(Or, Bucky has cause to regret his life. Again.)
Fandoms: The Mentalist/The Following
H/C: Deadline/Time bomb
Title: what I need (is a good defense)
Warnings: A little bit of language and violence (mentioned), but other than that, a good free-for-all reading.
Summary: “With her around, this is the closest I can come to alone.”
Nelson needs help and O'Laughlin's a little less than inclined to provide it. (AU S3 of The Mentalist\AU S1 of The Following).
Fandoms: Vampire Hunter D/Star Wars
H/C: experiments by evil scientists
Story Title: The Death of Anakin Skywalker
Disclaimer: I don't own Vampire Hunter D or Star Wars. They all belong to their respective owners. No money made here.
Word Count: ~1500
Warnings: Spoilers for RotS-ish
Summary: While being fit into his suit, someone has taken it upon themselves to make what remained of Anakin Skywalker into their own personal experiment.
Author's Notes: So, yeah, this is based more of the Light Novels of Vampire Hunter D—the side of it that is VHD—than the anime, as it uses terms from the novels for the particular character I used, as well as one other term. Written for hc_bingo's April Amnesty Challenge.
Title: A Little Problem
Fandom: Atlantis (BBC)
Summary: A routine mission away from the Argo goes awry when Hercules makes a mistake and triggers a curse. Now he's left with a little problem - well, two little problems really...
Title: Time's Wingèd Chariot
Fandom: Atlantis (BBC)
Warnings: Major Illness, Character Death, Some Swearing
Summary: Jason knew he was ill before he ever arrived in Atlantis - knew that he was dying - but since arriving there he hasn't really felt ill. When things start to go wrong though and he suddenly finds himself getting much worse, how will the people that know and love him best react to the news? And just how far will they all go to save his life - whether Jason wants it or not?