Title: To Martyrdom
Character/s: Endeavour, Mason Gull
Summary: "You were a lonely child, weren’t you? I know, because I was one too.”
In which Mason Gull picks Morse as his target after all.
Warnings: Restraint, references to child abuse
Word Count: 773
Prompt: Lost Childhood
Fandoms: z nation
Title: you make it sound easy
Fandom: z nation
Medium: art | picspam
Warnings: mental link, mind control, physical abuse, abusive relationship
Summary:murphy just wants to build a nation where he has complete psychic control over everyone. and honestly — in a zombie infested world where his bite can make you immune to the virus — what's so wrong about that?
ao3 | tumblr | lj | dw
Character/s: Astrid, Niska
Summary: Even after so many months together, Niska was still sometimes a mystery to Astrid.
Warnings: References to past abuse
Word Count: 636
Author's Notes: Not betaed as it's a last-minute posting
Prompt: Lost Childhood
Title: Cold Conditions
Fandom: Avengers Academy
Characters/pairings: Nebula, Doctor Voodoo
Warnings: Illness, disappearance of artificial limb, references to non-consensual medical experimentation
Wordcount: 1,560 words
Prompts: ‘stranded / survival scenario,’ ‘pneumonia,’ ‘experiments by evil scientists,’ and ‘major illness or injury.’Summary: Nebula woke up in the middle of a forest without her hand. Someone is going to pay dearly for this.
Mods: Could I get a fandom tag for Avengers Academy? :D <3
H/C: Skeletons in the Closet
Title: A Foreign Country
Word Count: 1603
Warnings: Vague mentions of past abuse
Summary: Father. Everything came down to Father – as it always had. It seemed that the man still had the power to ruin Pythagoras’ life even though he had been dead for so many years.
Summary: Katz enjoys the presence of his babies. They'd never reject him, like everyone else does.
Don't forget that amnesty period is still going on, and you can (and should) post everything you've made for hc_bingo but haven't posted yet during it.
And so we're moving on the last spring challenge of Round 7 - May challenge!
If you comment on this post, you get a set of four randomly chosen prompts. You then complete and submit one fill written for a rare/small fandom. You can choose one prompt or combine two, three or all four out of your stamp.
- For the purpose of this challenge rare/small fandom means a fandom with roughly less than 400 fics, as determined by checking AO3, FF.net, the main livejournal comms for the fandom and quick googling. The criteria is, obviously, approximate; our purpose is to encourage players to turn to less written-in fandoms rather than to be really specific about defining the size of the fandom. To avoid confusion it's obligatory to run your fandom by the mods for the final say on whether it's eligible or not, before submitting. Please PM or e-mail us beforehand.
- Installments in series (of books, movies, games and so on) count as separate fandoms if they have completely different characters.
- Different media versions of the same canon (i.e., book! and movie!verses and so on) count as the same fandom if they have the same set of characters.
- Crossovers between two or more eligible fandoms are allowed; crossover between eligible and inelegible fandoms are not.
- The deadline for posting your completed fill is June 5th. As long as your submission is in the posting queue while it's June 5th anywhere in the world, you've finished on time. There are no penalties for defaulting: if you didn't finish your fill on time, it can still be posted during the amnesty period, but it won't bring you points.
- The prize for finishing and submitting your story in time is a banner and an achievement in the next round. You can sign up to play even if you didn't participate in Round 7 and/or don't plan to participate in Round 8.
- If you're uncomfortable with writing about sexual trauma and/or abuse based situations, please note that when you sign up so we can give you a prompts set avoiding these areas altogether. Additionally, you can look at the list of prompts before signing up and veto from one to three prompts that would be triggery/uncomfortable for you to write about. If you need more than three prompts vetoed, please contact the hc_bingo_mod by PM or e-mail and we will do our best to work with you.
- The warning policy is the same: even if it is in the prompt, you are still required to warn for rape/non-con, dub-con, incest, character death/suicide, graphic self-harm, any type of sexual trauma, any type of child/domestic abuse and other triggering themes or images. The other warnings are left to your discretion, though we encourage you to warn as fully as possible. When in doubt, please err on the side of caution. If you don't want to warn for something to avoid spoiling the readers, please use greyed-out warnings.
Please also check the rules and FAQ for general rules and requirements.
Please title your post "May Challenge: [Title of your submission]" and use the following template:
We hope you all enjoy this challenge! If you need any clarifications, please e-mail or PM us, or leave a comment to this post with marked with "Question".
Fandoms: Vampire High
H/C: Loss of voice, Trust issues, Comfort food or item/feeding someone
Warnings: Blood Drinking
Summary: The realization burned faster and surer and brighter than any fire. Consumed every scrap of affection Marty believed Merrill had thrown purposefully his way. Nothing left.
Fandoms: Stand Still Stay Silent
H/C: accept injury to protect someone
Title: Breathe For Me
Warnings: Some slight graphic description of a medical procedure (preparation of a feeding tube.)
Summary: A moment of great self-sacrifice leaves Lalli without his Luonto for perhaps the final time. As months pass without any sign of the Luonto returning, Reynir grows worried.
Mod! Will need a fandom tag for Stand Still Stay Silent. :)
H/C: Trust issues, bodyguards, blackmail
Title: The Always Puzzle of Living
Warnings: Child abuse
Summary: Leo still loves his siblings but not enough to believe they’d do something about it.
Leo still loves his father but not enough to believe he’ll ever stop.
The Always Puzzle of Living
Title: A Moment in the Sun
Warnings: Character death
Summary: “This is the fall of Atlantis,” Jason told Pythagoras as they picked their way through the ruins of what had once been the east wing of the palace. “Atlantis will sink into the sea, fade into myth and legend.”
This is what happened. And there was more than one legend created by the fall.
(Thanks to deinonychus_1 for the beta)
A Moment in the Sun