However, general Amnesty remains open for at least another two weeks. You still have time to get in any fanworks you couldn't finish for any previous deadlines!
At the same time, we'd like to collect your suggestions regarding Round Seven. In this post, please tell us your ideas! Are there any cool new prompts you'd like us to add? Anything from this round that you'd like to remove? How are the Achievements working for you? Any feedback is appreciated!
Anon commenting is on, please be nice to each other.
Fandoms: Vampire High
H/C: Loss of voice, Trust issues, Comfort food or item/feeding someone
Warnings: Blood Drinking
Summary: The realization burned faster and surer and brighter than any fire. Consumed every scrap of affection Marty believed Merrill had thrown purposefully his way. Nothing left.
Fandoms: Marvel Cinematic Universe; The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015); Original Works
Hurt/Comfort: Hugs; Captivity; Unwanted Transformation; Dub Con; Healers
Title: You Only Scare the Bad Guys
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe (Captain America Movies)
The girl nodded solemnly and Bucky took the bear in his hands. It'd looked enormous in her arms, but seemed terribly small with his fingers wrapped around it, like it'd burst if he squeezed too hard. The bear's fur had been worn to felt in places, with uneven stitching where rips had been repaired with more determination than skill. Bucky had to force himself to look back up at the girl's big, adoring eyes. "What's his name?"
"Winter Soldier Bucky Bear," Mabel said, like it was so obvious she couldn't believe he was asking.
Title: 8 Horses; 40 Men
Fandom: Original Work
Cliff wants to ask what the hell's waiting for him at his stop, that the kid's still this fucking scared. You don't ask, though. Not in this car. Maybe the other passengers do, but in this car they know better.
Title: A Good Night to Drown
Fandom: Original Work
Prompt: Unwanted Transformation
"How long?" he asks, just like always. His voice trembles from cold, despite the blanket clutched around him. Water cascades from his hair and skin and clothing, pooling on the wood until it leaks between the slats or runs over the side. She brings the blanket every time, but stopped trying to dry or warm him years ago. He will never be dry or warm.
Title: Your Beautiful Angel Spice Girl
Fandom: Original Work
Margaret favored precision and discretion in all things. This greasy alley offered a perfect example of exactly neither. It grated; shoddy jobs always did.
Title: We Leave our Homes in Flames
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe (Netflix Daredevil), Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)
Sergeant Barnes was the only viable Winter Soldier. But he was far from the only person Hydra fucked with.
(Claire's seen a tube like that before. Probably everyone in the entire country has by now. The 'special issue' of Time Magazine that came out in December is still on the table in the break room. Its cover looks like it was painted in the 1940s, and its title is The Crucible of Bucky Barnes.
She didn't read it, but she looked at the pictures. She knows damn well what this green cylinder is for.)
Mods, could you add a 'Healers' tag, please? Thank you!
H/C: Bodyswap, Medication
Relationships: Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose/Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose
Warnings: Dubious Consent, Kidnapping
Summary: Agent of The Authority Seth Rollins always does what's best for the mission. Even when that means trading places with Dean Ambrose. (spy!au)
Title: there's only so many words you can rhyme with heart
Relationships: Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Summary: "How did you not get these out when you were a kid?" Roman asked, taking the keys from Seth's fumbling grip and looking for the key that fit the deadbolt.
"Maybe I wanted to be wise," Seth said, words slurred around the gauze packed into his jaw. He gave a loose, high-pitched giggle and pitched forward to press his face into Roman's back. (Shield-era, kayfabe compliant)
Fandoms: Second Chance
H/C: unconsiousness, theft, serial killers, confession in a desperate situation
Title: The King's hangman
Summary: What will father and son do when a copycat is in town. Will they be able to work together and bring him down?
Story can be found on AO3 and LJ.
Title: A Moment in the Sun
Warnings: Character death
Summary: “This is the fall of Atlantis,” Jason told Pythagoras as they picked their way through the ruins of what had once been the east wing of the palace. “Atlantis will sink into the sea, fade into myth and legend.”
This is what happened. And there was more than one legend created by the fall.
(Thanks to deinonychus_1 for the beta)
A Moment in the Sun
Don't forget that amnesty period is still going on, and you can (and should) post everything you've made for hc_bingo but haven't posted yet during it.
And so we're moving on the last spring challenge of Round 6 - May challenge!
If you comment on this post, you get a set of four randomly chosen prompts. You then complete and submit one fill written for a rare/small fandom. You can choose one prompt or combine two, three or all four out of your stamp.
- For the purpose of this challenge rare/small fandom means a fandom with roughly less than 400 fics, as determined by checking AO3, FF.net, the main livejournal comms for the fandom and quick googling. The criteria is, obviously, approximate; our purpose is to encourage players to turn to less written-in fandoms rather than to be really specific about defining the size of the fandom. To avoid confusion it's obligatory to run your fandom by the mods for the final say on whether it's eligible or not, before submitting. Please PM or e-mail us beforehand.
- Installments in series (of books, movies, games and so on) count as separate fandoms if they have completely different characters.
- Different media versions of the same canon (i.e., book! and movie!verses and so on) count as the same fandom if they have the same set of characters.
- Crossovers between two or more eligible fandoms are allowed; crossover between eligible and inelegible fandoms are not.
- The deadline for posting your completed fill is May 31st. As long as your submission is in the posting queue while it's May 31st anywhere in the world, you've finished on time. There are no penalties for defaulting: if you didn't finish your fill on time, it can still be posted during the amnesty period, but it won't bring you points.
- The prize for finishing and submitting your story in time is a banner and an achievement in the next round. You can sign up to play even if you didn't participate in Round 6 and/or don't plan to participate in Round 7.
- If you're uncomfortable with writing about sexual trauma and/or abuse based situations, please note that when you sign up so we can give you a prompts set avoiding these areas altogether. Additionally, you can look at the list of prompts before signing up and veto from one to three prompts that would be triggery/uncomfortable for you to write about. If you need more than three prompts vetoed, please contact the hc_bingo_mod by PM or e-mail and we will do our best to work with you.
- The warning policy is the same: even if it is in the prompt, you are still required to warn for rape/non-con, dub-con, incest, character death/suicide, graphic self-harm, any type of sexual trauma, any type of child/domestic abuse and other triggering themes or images. The other warnings are left to your discretion, though we encourage you to warn as fully as possible. When in doubt, please err on the side of caution. If you don't want to warn for something to avoid spoiling the readers, please use greyed-out warnings.
Please also check the rules and FAQ for general rules and requirements.
Please title your post "May Challenge: [Title of your submission]" and use the following template:
We hope you all enjoy this challenge! If you need any clarifications, please e-mail or PM us, or leave a comment to this post with marked with "Question".
H/C: accept injury to protect someone
Title: Just Another Day
Summary: If Pythagoras had known it was going to turn into a danger and fighting and lots and lots of running type of day, he probably would have stayed in bed for an extra hour, and not left the house at all.
fic on LJ
fic on AO3
Fandoms: Merlin, Damien (TV)
Title: The Return of the King
Warnings: Major character deaths, bleak, not any sort of feelgood fic. Spoilers for all eps of Damien so far aired.
Summary: Merlin had been waiting for a thousand years for Arthur's return. But the man who finally came back wasn't Arthur. He was something else entirely.
Not betaed as only just got this finished 7 hours before the deadline.
The Return of the King
*Mods - please could we have a tag for Fandom:Damien(TV)